Effective Time Management
It is said that if you can manage your time, you can manage your life. Many of us however, waste a lot of our time in procrastination, disruption and disorganized ways of doing things. Once time is lost, it cannot be recovered and it leaves us in the vicious cycle of wishing that we have more hours to the day. You cannot add a single hour to your day, but you can get out of your mental rut and learn to get a grip of your work and of your life.
Effective time management is more than just managing your time; it is about managing yourself in relation to time and about managing your habits. It begins with developing the right mental state, setting SMART goals and prioritizing it and taking charge of it. This course will teach you how to experiment with different methods and ideas to enable you to find the best way to make maximum use of your time.
Effective time management is supported by skill sets that include personal motivation, assertiveness and delegating skills, organising skills, crisis management and meeting management. This course will cover all these and more.
Who Should Attend
This course is for anyone who wants to use their time more effectively and efficiently. It will benefit those who want to increase their productivity by proactively choosing how, when and where to invest their time. It will also benefit those who want to develop a more balanced life and want better control over their time commitments, at work and outside of work.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand and optimize you mental state to master time
- Plan and prioritise each day’s activities in a more efficient and productive manner
- Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
- Handle crises effectively and quickly
- Organize your work space and workflow to make better use of time
- Delegate more efficiently
- Plan and conduct meetings more appropriately and effectively
- Use rituals to make your life run smoother
Course Outline (Duration: 1 day from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
- Course introduction
- Understand and develop an optimal mental state
- Set SMART goals using the power of 3Ps
- Prioritize your goals and your time
- Plan wisely to maximize the use of your time
- Understand and eliminate procrastination
- Handle crises effectively
- Organize your work space
- Plan and improve your work processes
- Delegate with ease and confidence
- Develop and apply positive rituals
- Manage meetings effectively and efficiently
- Consider alternatives to meetings
- Course wrap-up